Sunday, October 14, 2012

No Words

I really don’t have much to say tonight.  (GASP!!) 

I have been thinking a lot lately about a family who lost their little girl after her body rejected her donor heart.  You can read their story here.  My heart aches for them.  Sometimes I wonder why we got so lucky that Daniel had such a “simple” heart defect, and why we were so lucky to have him make it through surgery with barely a hiccup.  I am so very grateful that we have been on the receiving end of so many blessings with him.  He has been so healthy, even when his heart wasn’t working properly.  He is growing and thriving and blessing our lives every day.  I get to wake up to his smile every morning.  And my heart is broken for this mom who has lost that blessing. I hope I can always remember and cherish the miracles we’ve been given in Daniel and each of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment