Thursday, October 6, 2011

What I Like About Down Syndrome

These almond-shaped eyes.  Deep blue.  Captivating.  Piercing.  It feels like they can see right into my soul.

720 

These hands.  How can you resist those adorable bent pinkies?!?

0738

This smile.  It lights up the room and melts anyone within its reach.

CMP_4761

I love the people I’ve come to know because of Down syndrome.  I love the acceptance and compassion I have felt from them.

I love how my family is learning about love and acceptance on a whole new level.

What I like most about Down syndrome, though, is that it is changing me.  Little by little, tiny piece by tiny piece, I can see myself changing for the better.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, those are beautiful eyes, sweet hands, and a very contagious smile. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete