Sunday, September 28, 2014

Since Our Last Post…

 

Wow…I can’t believe it has been more than 2 months since I posted anything!  Here’s a super quick synopsis of the last two months.  And a promise to get back in the groove of blogging!

Daniel finished summer school, and at the same time said good-bye to his beloved aide, J.J.  I almost cried, and it’s a good thing Daniel didn’t know what was going on, because I’m sure he would’ve cried too.  Daniel has been making great strides in so many areas.  Hearing aids are definitely helping!  We have also started giving him gingko biloba twice a day.  I don’t have any science to back it up, but I am convinced it is helping him. His teachers, who are unaware of us doing this, have made many comments about the good things that have been happening the last couple of weeks.  He is now going to school from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. and doing well.

I had a birthday, and a mystery person paid for our family’s dinner!

We planned and pulled off a great family reunion with Jared’s family.  Note to self: don’t ever forget to check the gas gauge again!

Josh turned 12.  Holy cow, two kids in mutual now!  How is this possible??!!?

We enjoyed free rootbeer floats at A&W on Rootbeer Float Day!  (For future reference, Aug. 6 is the day.)

Jared and I went to see Paul McCartney in concert at Energy Solutions Arena.  Best anniversary celebration ever!

We attempted a spur-of-the-moment camping trip.  We were rained out before we even got our tent set up and went home!

Jared and I had our 15-year anniversary.  I love him more than any words could ever express!

Josh was ordained a Deacon, and it happened to be on our anniversary!  Another great anniversary gift!  Josh is a great kid, and it has been a joy watching him pass the sacrament each week and step into his other duties as a priesthood holder.

We spent the entire summer (seriously) working in our yard.  We got an addition to our patio, a sidewalk from the driveway to the patio in the backyard, landscape curbing, an awesome sprinkler system, a fence that we share with our neighbor to the south, and GRASS!!!  It was so much hard work (and we’re not quite done yet) but it was worth it to have all the green!

The kids went back to school.  Emily is in 9th grade and taking seminary, Josh is in 7th grade, Rachel is in 2nd grade, Caleb is in 1st grade, and Daniel is rocking preschool!  No major changes this year, which made sending them all back a little easier.

We attended the Buddy Walk for our state (instead of the smaller one for our area).  We had to do it without Josh (merit badge pow wow), but still had a great time.  Grandma and Blake attended with us too.  Emily and Blake ran the 5k and my Mom and I walked it.  We saw just about every superhero you could think of, ate snow cones and cotton candy to our hearts’ content, met more police men and cheerleaders than I ever thought possible, and had a great Chick-Fil-A lunch.  AND…I finally got to meet a friend in real life that I’ve been connected with since before our babies were born.  It was an awesome day!

Phew!!  I think that about covers it!  Hopefully I have not forgotten anything significant.  And now I will be better about staying caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment