Thursday, October 25, 2012

Building a House: Another Step Complete

The bricklayers wrapped up their work yesterday, and I am so pleased with how it all turned out! 

Look at that arch!

10-2012-Brick-completion-1

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical about the arch.  This was Jared’s idea, and I had a really hard time visualizing the finished project.  I am sure glad he has more vision than me!

Here is one of the pillars on the back patio.  (Great picture, eh?!?)

10-2012-Brick-completion-3

And this part is well on its way to being my favorite: the fireplace!

10-2012-Brick-completion-2

We’re going to have a lovely mantel around the brick, that will hopefully look something like this (but stained wood that matches our cabinets rather than the painted wood):

Fireplace Idea - 02 (mantel)

And now, a look at the entire front, with all the brick in place.

10-2012-Brick-completion-4

I *think* the electrical work is all done.  The insulation has started today, and will be in progress for a few days.  The sheetrock has been ordered, and that will start as soon as the insulation is in.  And now we wait.  Some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment