Saturday, October 20, 2012

Building a House: Still Here

Quickie post tonight.  Jared has been at the house all. day. long.  What has he been doing, you ask?  Running CAT-5 (phone lines/ethernet) and Co-ax (TV/Cable) lines.  I helped him pull a few wires, and let me tell you, it was FUN!!  I hope you can sense my sarcasm.  No really, it was fun to help a little and know that I contributed – if only in the most tiny way – to the house that I’m going to live in for the rest of my life.  And we’re getting there.  Very S.L.O.W.L.Y.  But even building a house can’t take forever.  Can it?

A couple of pictures for your enjoyment.  The brick is *almost* done.  I think one more day of work will probably be all they need.

10-2012-House-progress

One of the last things will be to put an arch between those two pillars on the front porch.

10-2012-House-progress-2

I have no doubt it’ll look waaaay better than my drawing!  And look, 3 out of the 5 kids are in those two pictures!

The garage doors went in today!!  Sorry – no pictures of that yet.  The electrical part is taking longer than anticipated.  We were hoping it would be done today.  Perhaps by Wednesday.  After that, things are gonna fly.  Supposedly it will take a couple of days to insulate, a week (maybe two?) for sheetrocking, and then we’re going to have ourselves a painting party!  Woohoo!!  Now we’re getting to the fun part!

And I’m trying to not get my hopes up that things are really going to happen as quickly as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment