Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Am a Child of God

I heard the music to this video at church a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.  Then I saw the actual video and it brought me to tears.  I have known and sung this song since I was a small child, so it was really nothing new.  But it came as a very tender reminder of who my children are, and who I am.   I love that this video shows all different kinds of people. Just at the point that I was wondering, “Where are the people who are a little different?” there was a frame with two little girls with Down syndrome.  Watch closely at around the 2:10 mark (in the top, middle group).



This belief – that I am a child of God – is one of the most comforting and empowering things I have come to know in my life.  If only everyone would look at others as children of God…we wouldn’t have to worry about things like discrimination and hate crimes and so many other attitudes that bring heartache with them.  Just imagine the world where everyone knows who they are and acts accordingly!

So, who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment