Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We Have a Date!!

I went to another appt. with my doctor in Ogden yesterday.  They did the usual non-stress test, pee in a cup, take my blood pressure, weigh me, check amniotic fluid levels, yada yada.  I do all of this with a nurse, so it’s pretty uneventful.  But uneventful is good.

I was ready to cry, though, when the nurse said, “OK, we have you on the schedule for April 28th (3 days before my due date).”  Then she went to get the doctor to come chat with me.

The doctor came in – and I was happy to see that it was the OTHER one, who was originally OK with me delivering a bit earlier than 39 weeks.  She asked if I was planning on a vaginal delivery, to which I laughed and said, “Uh, I’d love one, but I didn’t think anyone would let me?!?”  She explained that my c-section had actually been scheduled as a labor induction (as in, hook me up to Pitocin to evict the baby)!  Haha!!  {Um, doesn’t anyone read charts anymore???  You know, the part that says I’ve had 3 c-sections already?!?! } And she was just a wee bit concerned about waiting so long to do it.  HALLELUJAH!!  Finally someone can see the light besides me!

So, she said she had no problems with delivering me a couple days before the 39 week mark!

Unless this baby tries to evict himself prior to the scheduled date, we will get to meet him on…..

APRIL 21

The only downside is that neither of the 2 doctors that I know can deliver me!!  WAAAAA!!!  But I guess it’s a trade-off I’m willing to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment