Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Need to Blog More

I really should make more of an effort to blog more often.  But I feel like I never have anything to say.  {OK – I have plenty to say,  but this probably isn’t the place for it!}  And I’ve been horrible (as in – I don’t know when the last time was that I took one!) about taking pictures, so I never have anything to show.  And I haven’t even been scrapbooking (besides a couple of pages) since I’ve been pregnant.  Humph!  What’s a girl to do?  Maybe I should just start making things up!  Now that would be exciting!

We did have some excitement this week – that I didn’t even have to make up - but alas, I have not taken any pictures.

Josh broke the radius in his left arm while at school on Tuesday.  That happened to be the craziest day of the week and adding a trip to Instacare made it that much crazier.  But we survived.  And he’s now sporting a hard cast the color of the Incredible Hulk.  And he gets to wear it for 6 whole weeks!

Emily got to spend Tuesday evening as Emily Dickinson at the 5th grade biography fair.  And she was lucky enough to have Jared there too.  We had a last minute rush on Monday trying to come up with a costume, but we figured it all out.  Jared said she did a great job.

I wasn’t at the biography fair because I was at mutual having a values scavenger hunt at the mall.  One of my young women asked me in quite a stern voice why I wasn’t at the biography fair with Emily.  I don’t think it’s because she was concerned about me or Emily.  You can interpret from this – all the other YW leaders are her “sisters” and I am her “cousin.”  And that’s all I’ll say.

It was so nice to have Jared home ALL. DAY. LONG. today.  I love Conference!  All the talks were so good – the first half of the morning session yesterday was definitely just for me.  Loved it.  Just what my spiritual batteries needed.

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning.  I like to make something a little extra special for Sunday’s conference.  I have a recipe for rolls that take one hour – from start to delicious finish – so I can easily whip them out in plenty of time.  Sooo worth it!

So now I’ve blogged.  And life is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment