Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jared’s Shiner

Jared loves to play basketball.

Really.

A lot.

Did I mention he loves it?

I always worry that he’s going to come home broken and battered.  Guys seem to do that to each other.

And he usually does come home with a minor injury or two.  You know, jammed fingers, scratches, banged up knees…minor stuff.

I knew it wasn’t good when the phone rang at 10:30 p.m. 

“Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I split my head open and need stitches, so a couple of the guys are going to take me to InstaCare to get it taken care of.”

A couple of hours later, this is what I saw – a cut about an inch and a half long right under the left eyebrow(no stitches, just several layers of glue).SDC15847

And a couple of hours later, this…SDC15849

And a couple of hours after that…SDC15852

And 18 hours later…SDC15860

And it got even worse, but we stopped documenting.  It was getting a little gruesome.

And oh, the comments!  The comments!  If you can imagine it, he’s probably heard it!

Jared still loves basketball.  A lot.  Enough to get up before 7 a.m. this morning and go play – 10 days after all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment