Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ode to My Mind

Oh dear Mind,
I fear I am losing you,
Or even worse,
Maybe you're already gone.

You see, with 4 kids and winter-time
We haven't gone more than 2 weeks without someone sick!
Which means we're keeping the doctor in business all on our own!

I think maybe, dear Mind, you're staging a protest,
What with trying to remember to administer all the antibiotics,
Taking temperatures, remembering who has what symptoms,
And generally losing most of my precious sleep!

And all this on top of the usual:
"Where is Caleb's binky?"
"Mom, have you seen my gloves?"
"Hurry up, we're going to be late!"
"Rachel stay out of the fridge!!"

I'm sorry dear mind!
Please come back to me soon!
I need you desperately!
And I promise to give your more respect and attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment