Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Spending the Day with Grandma

Yesterday I took the kids to Salt Lake and spent the day with my mom, Grandma Larsen. It was fun to be able to hang out and have some fun, just the four of us. First we visited Uncle Greg and Aunt Shiloh's house. It's looking good, you guys! You're doing a great job. It was fun to visit with Greg (Shi was at work). The highlight for the kids, though, was getting to play Greg's drums. Emily was getting pretty good at beating out rhythms. This is such serious business, as you can tell by the looks on their faces!


After visiting with Greg, we went to see my Grandma and Grandpa Farnworth. I haven't been to their house in such a long time. It brought back so many memories of the fun times we spent there as kids. Emily and Josh had fun playing with some of my cousins (one of whom is younger than them!) while I visited with Grandma and Grandpa and my Aunt Heidi. I wish I would have taken some pictures, though! Emily had a lot of fun with Madison, and Josh was thrilled to have Nicholas to play with. Thanks you guys!

After that, we went back to Mom's house to have lunch and play in the pool. The kids had a blast playing in the water and playing with the dog (but not in the water!). Josh turned into Mr. Muscle Man, giving us a show of all of his muscles. It was soooo cute! I didn't get any pictures of it, but did get it on video. Emily was enjoying playing with the dog, trying to teach her how to fetch. It really is hard to teach and old dog new tricks!

Thanks for taking the day off for us, Mom! We had a great time and hope we can do it again some time soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment