Sunday, April 6, 2014

Good-bye March, Hello April

 

There’s a saying I remember hearing a lot when I was a kid: March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.  It certainly held true for us this year.  And I’m not talking weather.  March was a crazy month! 

The throw ups for Caleb.

A hospitalization for me.

A sleep-deprived Jared, who turned into the walking dead come daylight saving time.

A busy toddler.  Busy with audiology appointments and preschool and toddler group and speech therapy.  And busy the rest of the time getting into mischief!

Finding out my mom has breast cancer.

A sore-throat virus that made its way through almost everyone.

The throws of tax season.

Needless to say, March was NOT my favorite month.  We did manage to have some fun though.  We celebrated World Down syndrome Awareness Day!

03-2014-Down-syndrome-Aware

 

We got a grant for Daniels’ hearing aids!  (Fun?  Maybe not fun, but happy news for sure!)

I made a wreath for spring!

03-2014-Spring-wreath

 

We celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with corned beef and potatoes, clover rolls, rainbow fruit skewers, leprechaun punch and green bundt cake.  Oh, and our annual visit from the leprechauns (part of which was a little tricky to pull off when I realized we were out of green food coloring).

We made tamales!

03-2014-Tamales

 

Josh grew mold…ewwww!!

03-2013-Mold

 

We went to Emily’s orchestra concert.

We got new glasses for Emily.

03-2013-Emily-glasses

 

We played on the Kindle when it was too wet or too cold or we just didn’t feel like going outside.

03-2014-Kindle

 

And we made it to April!  Yeehaw and hallelujah!!

I’m looking forward to birthdays and flowers and tax day and sunshine.  And hopefully less of the crazy.

But if not…I guess we’ll know how to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment