Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Good Neighbor

Our next-door neighbor is one of the neatest people you’ll ever meet.  She serves in the Young Women Presidency with me, and I’m so glad I’ve been able to get to know her better.  {How sad for me that it took having a calling together to get to know my next-door neighbor!}  The young women just LOVE her, I think partly because she is so genuine.  She has an amazing testimony and is just an all-around awesome person.

She owns the horse pasture behind our yard, and the horse, Vader, that my kids love to feed and pester.  She also boards another horse and teaches riding lessons in her spare time.  She also owns two dogs, a couple of cats, and three pygmy goats that the kids are completely fascinated with.  She is so nice to let the kids help feed the goats and doesn’t seem to mind that they incessantly pester her horse!

Yesterday she offered to let the kids each have a ride on the pony that she boards.  The kids, being the wonderful people they are, happily obliged!  No dragging of feet, no whining, not a single complaint!SDC17158

  Their enjoyment was obvious as they sat atop the beautiful pony named “Snickers.”  I think you could say they were in horsey heaven!  In fact, I probably could have secured commitments from them for just about anything – it was that good!

SDC17168

Tess was nice enough to give them a bit of a lesson, helping them learn how to sit balanced and use the reins to get the horse where they wanted it to go.  It was amazing to watch as even Rachel maintained her balance without even holding on to the saddle!

SDC17176 

And she did all this out of the goodness of her heart, because that’s just the kind of person she is.  Maybe someday I’ll be a little more like her!

SDC17183

No comments:

Post a Comment