Saturday, January 8, 2011

Potty Training

The time has finally come for potty training Caleb.  Actually, I think he’s been ready for a while – I just haven’t been ready myself! 

Potty training is one of those things I absolutely DREAD, and I’m sure you can relate!  Ever since our experience with potty training Emily – HORRIBLE is putting it nicely – we decided to wait as long as we could with the others so THEY were absolutely ready.  I figured that for Caleb it would be sometime next summer or fall.  But he’s been wanting to use the big toilet for quite a while, and he throws a fit when he doesn’t get to.  Hmmm….

Since it’s so cold, and it’s getting to be such a huge pain to go anywhere, I figured now is as good a time as any.  And maybe, just maybe, we won’t be changing diapers on two kids!  That’s enough motivation for me!

And I am soooo happy to report SUCCESS and hardly any frustration.  Caleb did pretty well the first day, but had a really rough second day, and that seems to have done the trick.  He was dry all of Thursday and Friday right up until bedtime!!  And we had a successful #2 today (is that TMI??)!!

The funny part about all of this is Caleb’s motivation.  Don’t get me wrong – he loves to get a piece of candy, but sometimes even he forgets about it.  What seems to really motivate him is getting to sing the potty song when he’s done!  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment