Monday, January 31, 2011

And So It Begins...

Tax Season, that is. It becomes official when Jared has enough work to do that he has to go in by 6 a.m. I bet next week he'll be going in by 5 a.m., and it will stay that way until the work is done, which happens to be April 18th this year.

This year marks an important milestone - our 10th tax season!! Wow!! {I guess that explains why it feels like they're getting old.}

Really people, you just haven't lived until you've experienced tax season with a CPA husband. Little things like ironed shirts become a big deal - otherwise you're getting up at really obscene hours to iron in your sleep so said husband doesn't go to work looking like he slept in his shirt.

And if you thought dinner time was fun before - with hungry kids running around wondering when they'll be fed while you try to make dinner...and it's only 5 p.m. - you'll be amazed at how enjoyable it is during tax season, when you push it back as long as you can in hopes that hubby will be home by 6:30.

And Saturdays - oh Saturdays. Can someone remind me what those are??

And don't forget about those little extras, like parent teacher conferences or family get-togethers. It really is a lot of fun to drag all 4 kids to things all by yourself. Really. Seriously. It gives one such an appreciation for what single parents go through. {I'm glad I don't belong to their club, and I'm glad Emily can babysit now!}

There's no need to worry about the stress of planning and carrying out a vacation for Spring Break. But don't feel bad - you can make up for it when you try to come up with something fun for Valentines Day, St. Patricks Day, Easter, and all that time off school for spring break.

What? You're not sold? Neither am I.


4 comments:

  1. I feel for you Heather! I go through some of this myself with Rex and his job. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather! I'm sorry your the single parent for the next few months. I hope the kids are extra good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather! I'm sorry your the single parent for the next few months. I hope the kids are extra good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, it's a good thing you have Em and Josh to help out, or maybe they don't help out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete