Friday, January 24, 2014

A New Era

 

Daniel started preschool today!  Doesn’t he look studious!?!?

01-2014 Preschool

 

For now, his school is two mornings a week.  It is run by his early intervention program, and is held on campus.  We are so lucky to have our program run through the university.  It gives us a few extra perks that most others in the state don’t get.

It was really weird for me to drop him off and have 2 hours by myself.  In some ways, I feel like I’m abandoning him.  Imagine yourself taking your typical 1-year-old to preschool twice a week.  That’s kind of where I’m at with this, as Daniel is functioning like a 15-month-old kid in most areas.   It’s a good stepping stone for both of us to be ready for the real deal when he turns three.  At that point, his early intervention program ends and he gets picked up by the school district.  He will go to school Monday through Thursday for 2 1/2 hours a day!!  Baby steps are good!

His teachers love him and said he had a great day.  I think he may have even gone the entire time without his whack-a-mole style love taps!  I’ll take all the progress we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment