Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rachel’s Big Week

Our sweet Rachel has had quite the week.  It started off Sunday when she lost her first tooth.  She was so excited to show us what the Tooth Fairy brought the next morning: a 5-dollar bill!!  (Our tooth fairy is super generous and gives the kids a big prize for their first tooth.  After that she gets cheap!)

The excitement continued last night when tooth #2 was evicted.  Look at that cute smile!

08-2012-Lost-tooth-2 

She was up bright and early this morning.  Not just to check the Tooth Fairy’s work, but to get ready for her big first day of Kindergarten!  I still can’t believe it.  KINDERGARTEN!!!  I don’t know how that happened!  She chose a pink shirt to wear, because that’s her favorite color, and she put on her backpack (which happens to be as big as she is), and she ran all the way to school!

08-2012

I’m not kidding.  We parked at our new house and she ran the entire way!  I was trying to keep up with her as I was pushing Caleb and Daniel in the stroller.  It was like she was embarrassed to have her mom there!  Wait, that couldn’t be it, could it??  I’m sure she was just super excited.  Yeah.  That’s it.  She just couldn’t wait to get in there.  Afterall, she’s been asking me “How many more days until school?” 285 times a day for the past month!

She had a great day and told me she made lots of new friends.  And she can’t wait to go back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment