Monday, July 18, 2011

Three Months Old

DSC_0323 I can’t believe we are already 3 months into this journey!  Daniel is such a light in our family, and we just love him to pieces.  He gets more love and attention than anyone, hands down.  It can’t be helped.  He’s just too scrumptious to leave alone.

I don’t know how much he weighs right now, but I’m pretty sure he’s still not over 10 pounds.  Darn Lasix!  Darn heart!  He’s eating though, and most of the time it’s a good amount.  So I have to just let this one go, since no amount of worrying on my part seems to change anything.

The last little illness he had seems to have set him back a bit.  He doesn’t have the strength for holding his head up as much.  Just too tiring for him, which breaks my heart.  He’s going to be a new person after this surgery.

He is in the process of figuring out how to roll over, though.  He can swing a leg over and get almost completely onto his tummy from his back.

This little man blesses us often with the cutest, wide-mouthed, heart-melting smiles.  If you’ve seen one, then you know exactly what I’m talking about.  As soon as the camera comes out, though, his interest turns to the fun new toy, and the smiles are gone.  Humph!!  I shall triumph eventually!

 

 

 

 

We are seeing a lot of this

DSC_0182DSC_0149

And even some of this

DSC_0138DSC_0086

Yes, he has a voice, and he has decided to use it more.  That’s a good thing.  This momma was missing the crying.  I know, I’m crazy.  If he were a crier, I’d probably wish he wasn’t, right?!?  Honestly, I love newborn cries, and I’ve really missed them with Daniel.  It almost brings a tear to my eye to see his face scrunch up and his eyes turn to tiny slits when he’s upset.  And it makes my heart swell with love for my precious little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment