Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School

The day has finally come.  We’ve dreaded and anticipated this day all summer long (though a few of us would NEVER admit to anticipating this day)!  I can’t believe how quickly the summer flew, but I guess we did keep pretty busy.

These kids are growing up so quickly!  I cannot believe I have a 5th grader (yikes!!),

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

and a 3rd grader!!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

Emily’s teacher is Mrs. Parent, and Josh’s is Mrs. Orme (who happens to live in our Stake).  After back to school night last night, Emily was stoked about her teacher’s requirement to read 400 pages a month, and Josh can not wait to start learning cursive and times tables!  I hope they’ll carry their excitement all year long!

As for the rest of us – well, we had a quiet day, feeling a little lost without two very special people around.  And I managed to contain my emotions…for today at least!  It hit me last night – out of the blue – so I got it all out of me.

I am so blessed to have these kids in my life!  I love them to pieces!

<SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA>

No comments:

Post a Comment