Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tis the Season...

...for plants!!!
I will admit it - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year!!
Everything in the yard looks so healthy - especially the weeds!
It's not too hot, not too cold, and we usually get enough rain to water the lawns.
But what I love the most is to wander through the garden centers and greenhouses and enjoy all the wonderful, beautiful, enticing new plants. I LOVE THEM ALL! Big, small, pink, blue, red, yellow - bring 'em on!!
Today we planted our garden: tomatoes (LOTS of them), tomatillos, sweet peppers, jalapeno peppers (goes great with the fresh tomatoes and tomatillos for home-made salsa), swiss chard, green beans, zucchini, crookneck squash, watermelon, and pumpkins. The rest I'll leave to the professionals!
I also planted $$LOTS$$ of perennials in the flower beds in our rock wall planters in the backyard. Couldn't tell you what any of them are, except some ornamental grass, but we should see yellows, pinks, purples, blues, and reds.

I can't wait!! I feel like a kid at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment