Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One for the Books

This has been an absolutely crazy, mind-boggling, frustrating day. I don't think I've had a day quite like this before, so I had to get it recorded. It is definitely one for the books!

  • To start, Caleb kept me up most of the night fussing - stuffy nose and teething. We had a LONG night on the couch together.
  • One child, who shall remain nameless, drove me to the brink of insanity because she takes forever to do what should take 10 minutes tops (I'm sure my sleep deprivation played into all this - I know I'm not completely blameless). I hate having to constantly nag about getting things done!
  • While I took 5 minutes to brush my teeth, put some make-up on, and throw my hair in a pony-tail, Rachel got into Josh's lunch sack and helped herself to his sandwich! So, as I screamed out orders (and slammed a few doors), I cleaned up that mess, pulled the gob of sandwich out of Caleb's mouth before he choked, quickly made another sandwich, got Caleb dressed, and rushed everyone into the van to go to school.
  • As we attempted to leave for school, the van decided not to start. I tried over and over. The radio worked, the lights worked, but it wouldn't turn on. So I asked Emily to say a prayer, which she happily (thankfully) agreed to, tried again, and no luck. I asked Josh to say a prayer, tried again, and still no luck. So I said a prayer, tried again, and IT STARTED!!! Hallelujah! I'm so thankful prayers are answered! Amazingly I got the kids to school in time.
  • I still needed to run to Wal-Mart, but was worried about turning the van off. So I called Jared to be on rescue stand-by. While we were in Wal-Mart, Rachel kept taking shoes and socks off and throwing them out of the cart (not unusual for her). Caleb started to get cranky, so it was time to go. We purchased our items, left the store, and...wait a minute...Rachel was missing a shoe! I buckled the kids in, locked the doors, and ran back in to find her shoe sitting in the line we checked out in. I swear I'm going to glue them to her feet!
  • It was finally time to head home, but wait...the van wouldn't start - AGAIN! I was ready to sit and bang my head into the steering wheel by this point. I know that's futile, but that's where I was at! I remembered the little miracle we had earlier, so I tried the prayer again, and IT STARTED!! Whoever doesn't believe in miracles obviously hasn't lived my life!

It's 1:00 p.m. - I'm exhausted, both kids are sleeping, and I am ready for a nap myself. I hope this day ends better than it started!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sort of sounds familiar in a bizarre way. I hope today is better!