Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Project

This is what we are giving friends/neighbors for Christmas this year. I spent the past several days making 19 of them! I think they turned out pretty cute. I got the raw wood frames at Michaels, painted them, used Mod Podge to glue scrapbook paper to the front, printed the saying from Pres. Monson on the back of the leftover paper (one by one, I might add), and tied the ribbon around it to finish it off.

I like to give gifts that aren't necessarily Christmas related and that are non-food items. Don't get me wrong - I love Christmas, and I love food. But that's the problem - it seems like by the time you get the fun Christmas stuff, it's time to put it all away! And don't we all get soooo sweeted out by the time January rolls around?! So here's to something different!

3 comments:

  1. HEy! I am glad you found our blog. It's kinda fun. I always refused to do it until I had children, but I finally gave into peer pressure. :) I love the gifts you made. They turned out adorable. Maybe I will copy you next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! I really can't begin to tell you how excited I was hear from you today on our blog! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. . . it's funny how life always works that way, uh? Anywhoo, I'd love to pick your brain on a few things. . . and just catch up with you and your family . . . so email me when you get a chance! jenijarvis1@yahoo.com PS... will you send my email to Greg so I can be invited to their blog too??? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was your neighbor Heather! These are darling! I'm going to have to borrow this idea!

    ReplyDelete