Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm Thankful For...

This year, we tried something new to get the kids thinking about their blessings. We put a jar of candy on the counter, with a notebook by it. Anyone could have as much candy as they wanted, but for each piece of candy they took, they had to write down one thing they were thankful for. Let's just say Emily and Josh ate a lot of candy!!

Here are some of the things they wrote.
Emily: pinket (her pink blanket), yard, freedom, Jesus, earth, cheese, curlers, napkins, family
Josh: Jesus, blankets, naps (not sure if he's thankful to take them, or if he's thankful his younger siblings do!), Wii, earth, white blankey (the one Grandma L. made for him when he was born), spiders, Pepperidge Farm, MOM, weapons(???)
Emily and Josh wrote things for Caleb and Rachel, like milk, blankets, family, etc.

Who would have ever thought to be thankful for napkins, or spiders for that matter?!?!

I am so thankful for each of my kids. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am to be their mom. They are amazing!! They have such wonderfully strong spirits and I am humbled that I get to be a part of their lives!

And I love all of you, and am so thankful for each of you! I shudder to think where I'd be without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment