Monday, March 23, 2009

What I've Done Since High School

Here's a list of "stuff" I've done since I graduated from high school....
  • Graduated from BYU, BS in Speech-Language Pathology
  • Diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and had 1 surgery and lots of other stuff along with it
  • Graduated from USU, MS in Speech-Language Pathology, worked in 2 different elementary schools
  • Met, dated and married my wonderful, handsome, sweet husband, Jared
  • Had 4 kids (Emily, Joshua, Rachel, Caleb), 3 c-sections, and spent 10 days in the NICU with baby #3
  • Lived in Provo, West Jordan, Logan, Salt Lake, Logan (again), Santa Barbara (CA), and River Heights (UT)
  • Been a tax widow for 8 tax seasons (Jared is a CPA)
  • Helped my husband get through his undergrad and then MBA degrees
  • Been a sacrament meeting widow for 8 months (Jared is in the bishopric)
  • Done lots of different church jobs
  • Seen both of my brothers married and have their own kids
  • Seen one brother join the marines and serve in Iraq 2 times
  • Seen both brothers sealed in the temple
  • Seen parents divorce
  • Planned and spoke at my Dad's funeral
  • Seen my mom set apart in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
  • Had dinner with Pres. Monson and sang with MoTab
  • Attended Gen. Conf. in person for the first time ever
  • Attended viewing and funeral for Pres. James E. Faust (related through Jared's family)

Now really, I'm sure I've done more than this, but these are some of the most memorable things. I guess my family is my life, but I really wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing to look at all the things you have accomplished! What would you like to do that you haven't done yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    So did I do it right? I LOVE this list. Gosh - and that's only PART of it! Imagine how many new recipes you have tried, the basement got finished, birthdays got celebrated, laundry got done, sick kids got tended and nursed, etc. etc. Mind-boggling, isn't it?

    Congrats! I'm proud to count you as one of mine -

    Wow - no one should leave any food around that isn't locked down when Rachel is around. I'll try and remember that. If only you would feed her once in a while . . .

    Love ya,
    Mom (aka Grandma Laurie)

    ReplyDelete