Thursday, September 20, 2012

So Much To Catch Up On

We moved.  And my drive apparently went on strike and stayed at the house we left, because it feels like I haven’t done a whole lot of anything lately.  Well, except put miles on the Suburban.  I’m really good at that!  We currently live in a house that is smaller than the main level of our other house.  And it’s by a dairy.  So we call it “The Little House by the Dairy.”  Catchy, eh?  There are a lot of flies and spiders (and I killed a centipede on the kitchen floor yesterday), and at certain times of the day the air is smelly.  But we have enough space to live, a garage big enough to hold all our stuff, and a street quiet enough that the kids can ride their bikes.

Moving wore Caleb right out!  He’s asleep in a box, which is under a desk.  How would it be to be able to sleep anywhere?!?

09-2012-Caleb-sleeping

Caleb started preschool.  FINALLY!  That two-week wait after the others started was tough.  But he’s a tough kid.  And pretty funny too.  His new catch-phrase is, “That’s INCREDIBLE!!”

Not a great picture, what with the squinty smile.  But he held still…just long enough to get the picture snapped.

09-2012-Caleb-school

Our new house is moving along.  It looks mostly the same from the outside, so no point in posting a picture.  Actually, I don’t think I even have one to post!  We’ve been trying to figure out who to go with for cabinets.  Believe it or not, there are plenty of options, even in our lil’ ol’ valley.  When we figure that out, we can decide on flooring.  The windows are coming this week, and the front door next week (maybe?), so then the brick can go up.  Just in case you didn’t know already, I am not good at making decisions.  I AM good at second-guessing any decision I make until I have driven Jared absolutely crazy (and anyone else who’ll listen)!!  For the record: I am never going to build a house again.  It’s great to get to have things (mostly) the way you want.  But it’s a headache, and somewhat nightmarish.  Really.  I go to sleep and dream about ridiculous things like cabinets and water heater vents and drain pipes. And for someone who is as challenged in decision making as I am, it’s just not a good idea.  The end product will be worth it, though.  I think…:)  I am looking forward to the days when the biggest decision I’ll make is what to have for dinner!

2 comments:

  1. I love that he fell asleep in the box. I always say that I'm an AMAZING sleeper. At bedtime, I put my head on the pillow and I go. to. sleep. No thinking, no tossing, nothing. (It could be because I'm just exhausted). But I don't know if I could sleep in a box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a year and I can't even decide on a floor plan to go forward with building - ha!!

    ReplyDelete