Friday, March 5, 2010

Unexpected Happenings

Emily was attacked as she tried to pick up a stray cat this week. She had already pet the cat and thought it was friendly, but the cat wanted nothing to do with being picked up. In Emily's words, "I tried to pick it up and it jumped on my face!"

I've never heard such horrifying screams come out of someone so small! I will spare you all the gory details, except to say that we spent the evening at InstaCare, where she received 5 stitches in 2 different cuts on her forehead. She is recovering nicely, but still very sore. Here she is the morning after the ordeal.
The worst cut is thankfully hard to see - right along her hairline. It was completely through the full thickness of her skin! She also has several other scratches and puncture wounds on her left arm and shoulder and back/neck area. Since cat wounds are so dirty, she has to take a course of antibiotics to protect against infections. Let's hope it works!

I am so thankful things weren't worse. I think her glasses probably spared her eyes from being clawed. Thank goodness she was wearing them! I still can't believe something like this could happen. Every time I think about it I just want to cry! I am never fully prepared for how much it hurts to see your child in pain. That is an emotion that sneaks up on me every time!

1 comment:

  1. OUCH! Poor Em! Hope she feels better soon! No more stray cats!

    ReplyDelete