Saturday, November 8, 2008

5 Dollar Foot Long!

You know that unforgettable and highly annoying song on the Subway ads for their 5 dollar foot longs? We were doing some errands earlier today when the song came on the radio. Emily and Josh picked right up on it and started singing their own version, with harmony and everything. I was laughing so hard my cheeks hurt! Emily understands harmony a little more, so she was trying to get Josh to just stay on 1 note for the whole song. He did a great job until he got to the very last note, and then he changed his pitch to match Emily. She kept saying, "No!! You need to stay on this note, like this," and then she'd sing it for him. So Josh would do his part again, perfect until the last note, and the whole cycle started over. Jared and I could hardly keep our composure - it was seriously a music teacher's worst nightmare! But so cute at the same time.
So thank you Subway. I hate your ads, but they've helped to create a memory that will make me smile whenever I hear them.
Oh, and please accept my sincere apology if the song is in your head the rest of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute story! I haven't heard the song so I have no worries of it being stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete